Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mashed potato? No, thanks!

             My personal feelings towards rice, is the exact opposite of my feelings towards mash potato, if you know what I mean.  I tried not to eat rice for weeks and the result was scary.  I ate almost a whole loaf of bread.  Almost because my husband had to stop me from gobbling the whole loaf which would mean, him
 having to eat salad greens and meat for dinner.  Doesn't sound like a big deal?  Well, if you put it on my husband's perspective it's as serious as me having to eat mash potato for the rest of my life.  Still doesn't make sense?  Well, it's like eating a meal without having to drink water or whatever beverage afterward or  soaking in hot water in the middle of the desert in mid day.  That might be an exaggeration, but not much!
             When you're so used to some food and suddenly their gone, your brain will start making you realize it's much smarter than you yourself by controlling every inch of you by making you feel that strong desire to consume only that one thing that it wants.  And don't even try to substitute anything ( like in my case, I tried bread for rice) because your effort will just go to waste.  As a result,  I walked to the convenient store and bought two bags of rice.  When I say convenient store, I mean a store usually owned by asian, most probably east asian,  and every item on the shelf are over priced.  And really the only convenient about a convenient store is...is...well, NOTHING!
              On the brighter side of life, today, I got my rice and once again, I had one of the best meals of my life!

Follow This Blog !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment