Monday, November 12, 2012

Passionate about fashionable shoes?

Do you spell fashion S-H-O-E-S?
If you do, continue reading.

          ShopSmart shoe poll result shows that almost 40% of women say they’re a shoe person. The average number of shoes women own is 17 pairs.  But those who said they're a shoe person own 27 pairs of shoes on the average.
          According to Carol Gioia in her article at helium.com, the two main reasons why women buy multiple pairs of shoes are appearance and comfort.  I agree, but come on ladies, we all know the primary reason is appearance and comfort is secondary.  But who's to say that a pair of pumps can't be comfortable...uh...in the first three or four hours of wearing them?
         But why do women wear those high heels if they are not so comfortable?  Do those pairs of heels that are a fine line away from being an ultimate killing machine have magic spell that gives women the confidence and sense of power? 
         I remember watching a Korean drama entitled, "I Do, I Do." The lead female character is a shoe designer and was ask by the male character why women wear heels.  He asked her why women depend on those sticks that are as thin as chopsticks to carry their whole body weight.  She didn't really answer that but I remember her saying in the first episode, when one customer was complaining about the heels not being comfortable, "Then why wear makeup or skinny jeans.  Just to make things comfortable you should wear jogging clothes."  Exactly, right? 

         The thing is women wear heels not just for looks or comfort.  I think women wear heels because of what it makes them feel.  In my case, when I wear heels I feel like a totally different person.  I feel in control and confident.  Some women wear heels because it makes them feel sexy.  On the other hand, to me heels are not everything.  Sometimes it doesn't really take a pair of stilettos to make one feel sexy.  Flats can also give you those same feelings without having to compromise comfort.  But that being said doesn't mean I go for flats over heels.  I like them both and I shouldn't have to pick one over the other.
          There are different shoes for different occasions.  Yes, tennis shoes are comfortable but you don't want to be wearing that on your prom night, would you?  Or a dinner date with someone special, right?
          Sometimes it is hard to explain why a person, a shoe lover in particular, has to have different pairs of shoes.  Well, let's say a shoe lover is going shopping and she sees a pair of shoes she likes.  The feeling will be like an art enthusiast finding that exquisite piece of art or a serious antique collector getting a hold of a rare piece of history.  Get the idea?
          However, you don't have to spend a whole month salary to buy your favorite shoes.  There are places where you could buy designer shoes or known brands for more affordable prices.  Stores like Marshall, Ross, and DSW would be some of the places you could visit.  Among the three, I like DSW the best.  They have a wide range of styles and brands from A-Z not to mention designer brands without robbing your bank account.  Just recently I bought a pair of leather riding boots (leather because I hate the looks of faux leather) for $99 dollars but I did have a $35 worth of certificate I received from DSW for being a rewards member plus free shipping on top of that.  Including tax, I paid less than $75 dollars for a genuine leather riding boots. It is very comfortable and fashionable plus I like how they make me feel!
         Fashion won't be complete without shoes.  You may have the most expensive and prettiest dress but if you're not wearing the right shoes, there's no point.  Your whole look will still be wrong.  So if you love shoes, just go ahead.  There's nothing wrong with you! :)
         
         
  

Follow This Blog !!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for spreading the shoe love!
    -Brandy & the DSW Social Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! Let's spread shoe love thi Christmas!

    ReplyDelete