Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Road Trip!

The View from Here
            Everywhere I go, I try to take pictures of the beautiful scenery and things I see.  I try to capture interesting people and events; Capturing the moments so they say.
            I don’t know if it’s just me or my old digital camera but I realized one thing.
No camera could perfectly capture what eyes can see.
            Like I said, I don’t know if I should blame it on my old camera or my lack of talent in photography.  Maybe both are problems.  But I don’t seem to capture what my eyes actually see.
            My feeling of seeing a beautiful place in a picture can’t seem to match the feeling of actually being there.
Road Trip!
            Standing on the edge of Taal Vista, I tried to capture nature’s beauty that is Taal Lake.   In it, like a mermaid wallowing, is the world’s smallest volcano. The sight was so beautiful, it didn’t look real.  It was like staring at this gigantic picture yet it was so real that I feel like it was calling me.  Using my old digital camera, I took a picture and told myself, with a beauty right in front of me, there can never be a bad picture.  After a few shots, I went over the pictures and once again realized that our eyes are the best camera and our mind is the best picture card.



Photographed by: Lea Lei http://hennypepper.blogspot.com
Location: Taal Lake
            There are things that you can see only in certain parts of the world and there are certain things that you can find only in the Philippines!
The King of the Road
            Yes!  The king of the road – jeepneys!  They are the most popular medium of transportation in the Philippines. Amidst the development in the transportation industry, these derivatives of the World War II American military jeep remain the heart and soul of the Philippines highways.  

Photographed by: Lea Lei http://hennypepper.blogspot.com
           
            In the other parts of the world you may hear a lot of honking on the road but only in the Philippines will those honking come from flamboyantly decorated creations.  Jeepneys have become part of the Filipino culture, art, and pride.  And why not?  Jeepneys are mirrors of creativity and inventiveness that are innate to Filipinos.  Truly something to be proud of!

The Sari-sari Stores
            The term sari-sari literally means assorted or varied.  What it is in its real sense is a neighborhood grocery store that is far from the local grocery store that you may have known.  Sari-sari store could be a hole in the wall that sells variety of things from bread to triple A batteries.  This has been a popular business for folks in the baryo or even in small neighborhoods in the city. It’s a convenient store.  If you need ginger and you forgot to buy some when you went grocery shopping, just walk to your local sari-sari store and tell the lady behind the counter what you need and more often than not, she has it.

Photographed by: Lea Lei http://hennypepper.blogspot.com

Fruit stand right next to the highway?
            Oh yes!  There are those too!  Who said you need to get out of your car when you need to buy fruits?  Coconut anyone?

Photographed by: Lea Lei http://hennypepper.blogspot.com

Side trip
            When you’re in Tagaytay you can’t miss the flower shops and bonsai stores next to the road.  Nothing fancy.  Just open shops the boast their well taken-cared of plants and bonsais.  But the simplicity of these shops only makes the flowers and plants become the focus of anyone’s attention and curiosity.

Photographed by: Lea Lei http://hennypepper.blogspot.com

These are just some of the things Philippines have to offer.  There are a lot more but this would be it for now.  See you on our next road trip!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment